Metro Vancouver is responsible under Provincial legislation for emergency planning and response in Electoral Area A. Specific emergency services provided by Metro Vancouver are:
- Incident Command/Coordination at the emergency site as needed;
- Central coordination through our Emergency Operations Centre;
- Liaison with Provincial and other Local Authorities;
- Coordinating Disaster Financial Assistance applications;
- Wildland Fire Suppression in concert with BC Forest Service;
- Local Assistants to the Fire Commissioner; and
- Emergency Social Services to ensure the welfare of residents who may be displaced.
To report an emergency
All of Metro Vancouver, including Electoral Area A, is served by EComm 911. TO REPORT ANY EMERGENCY CALL 911.
Emergency Notification System
Metro Vancouver uses a web based text and voice messaging system to assist in notifying Electoral Area residents of emergencies. It is private, secure and hosted locally. The system is designed to send a voice, text and email message to residents in the event of an emergency that may affect them. Only those who request participation will be notified. The system will only be used for emergencies, or other urgent communications, and an annual test.
Note: This service is NOT available to residents in an incorporated municipality, please contact your municipal emergency office for information on what services are offered in your municipality.
If you would like to be added to the emergency notification system please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- First & Last Name
- Community Name (Strachan Point, Passage Island, Indian Arm, UEL, etc)
- Property Address (24 Strachan Point Rd, #120 Passage Island, etc)
- Primary Contact Number
- Secondary Contact Number
- Email address (if desired)
For more information on Emergency Management contact the Emergency Coordinator, contact information to the right on the Resources tab.