Conditions of Service
Metro Vancouver has the right to select the number and types of food concessions for each of their events. Vendors are required to obtain a Temporary Food Vendor’s permit from the Fraser Health Authority for this event. Please contact the FHA directly to obtain an application at 604-514-6121.
Metro Vancouver will notify all applicants by June 30, 2018. Approved vendors are required to:
- Display their Temporary Food Vendor’s permit for this event.
- Fees: Each vendor will be required to submit a gross sales financial statement (provided) no later than 7 days after event. Rental space is 15% of gross sales plus applicable taxes.
- Operate both days of the event, 10am-4pm, RAIN or SHINE, and able to serve up to 150 orders per hour.
- Cancellation Policy: Payment of the power fee must be received by July 15, 2018 in order to participate in event. No refunds after July 15, 2018.
- Review our Waste Reduction Initiative guidelines.
Waste Reduction Initiative
Since 2008, Country Celebration has reduced, recycled, composted and diverted up to 93% of waste from the landfill. You can help us achieve our goal to make this a true “Zero Waste” event.
Food Concessionaires can receive a reduced commission to 7% gross sales plus applicable taxes by participating in our Zero Waste Challenge: compliance inludes all Mandatory Actions and 6 of the Optional Practices below. Metro Vancouver staff will visit everyone during the event to verify compliance.
1) All food service items (plates, bowls, cups, mugs, cutlery) must be reusable OR recyclable (codes #1,2,4 or 5) OR compostable (ie. paper/wood).
2) No outside bins for the public – ask them to use the bins provided on-site.
3) Collect and separate your waste into on-site bins for recyclables, compostable (ie. food and food-spoiled paper) and garbage.
4) NO BOTTLED WATER SALES.
1) Dispense condiments from containers, not in single packages.
2) Do not provide straws OR use compostable paper straws.
3) Provide a single napkin (more only if requested).
4) Provide reusable spoons instead of plastic or wood stir sticks.
5) Serve unwrapped items in a tray using tongs or utensils instead of individually wrapped items.
6) Offer a price reduction to customers who bring their own reusable mugs/cups.
7) Keep coffee cup lids and provide only when asked.
8) Donate left over food/drinks to the Langley Food Bank at 5768 203rd Street, Langley (604-533-0671).
The following are companies that sell sustainable food service products:
BSI Biodegradable Solutions www.biodegradablesolutions.com
Greenmunch (wood utensils) www.greenmunch.ca
CKF Earthcycle Packaging www.earthcycle.com
Total Fee Due: $0.00
*No payment or documentation needed until your application has been approved.
After you press "Submit" please follow the instructions that pop up.