Moving forward to make Davies Orchard even better
Site preparation work will begin in July 2018. First, crews will remove and properly dispose of hazardous materials from four cottages determined to be in poor condition. Later, those cottages, as well as Seaside Cottage 2 (also in very poor condition), will be deconstructed.
Work is also underway this year to develop a detailed design for the concept plan approved by the Metro Vancouver Regional District board in November 2017.
The concept plan includes elements that will better connect the Davies Orchard Area to other parts of Crippen Regional Park, including the Davies Creek area. And it will introduce some new amenities and features to the area, including:
- a cottage-themed picnic shelter
- a nature experience program area
- a nature trail and stewardship/habitat creation area
- a central open space with views to Snug Cove and the mountains beyond
- expansion of the orchard
- rehabilitation using native plant species that will benefit butterflies, bees and birds
- interpretive displays, and
- improvements to the six cottages identified in the concept plan.
Click to enlarge
Check back here for regular updates.